The last few days, I’ve been seriously going through all the pros and cons of signing up for a half on May 20th. I may not have all the best training for one as of right now, but I know I can finish it. I think it may be a great way to gauge my “half starting point”, just like I did when I signed up for my first 5k.-I knew I could finish, but it would be a struggle.
- As stated previously, to see my starting point for the half.
- I’ve already done a significant amount of training for this 10-miler that’s tomorrow, so there hasn’t been much stress thinking about the fact “my first half” is right around the corner.
- It’s for a good cause-The Boys and Girls Club of Malvern (a small town of around 10,000 people).
- My best friend will be in town! She’s decided to come visit just to support me, even if I decide not to do the race, she will be here regardless. So win-win!
- I won’t have to train all HOT and HUMID summer(if I Don’t want to) for a first half.
- It’s less than 3 weeks away-not much more time to prepare.
- It’s over an hour away-with a 7am start-that makes for a very early morning
- It’s $70 that I really don’t have right now-or-I shouldn’t spend anyway.
Even after sorting out the pros and cons, I’m still on the fence whether or not I should do this. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow the storms will hold off and we will be able to have the 10 miler race. I’ve told myself, after the race(or lack thereof), I will need to make a decision on whether or not to do the half. If I do, great! If not…I’ll still continue with the original plan to do my first half in October.
Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on whether I should run a half now?